Thursday, July 22, 2010

THE last day

Today is a momentous day. It is my last day working for PTC. I've been with them for a couple of years now, thinking that it would be temporary until I moved back to VA. Alas, I'm now an official resident of UT so I finally conceded that I should be an adult, i.e. responsible, paying off debt, getting insurance.
And so long story short, after a six month job search I am going to be working in the Graduate Medical Education office. A mouthful, I know.
I'm excited and slightly sad. I love the feeling of progress and moving forward. Also eliminating debt in half the time = VERY exciting. I don't think it will set in until Monday or Tuesday that I'm really never working here in this capacity again. We'll see.
In celebration when I found out about the job offer (!!!) on Monday Em, P, and I all went out to dinner in celebration of my career transition into adulthood, and MAN was it delicious! Now I just have to work on conserving, saving, and spending wisely. All things I have issues with. We're just not friends.
On the up side, I now have a very good reason to go shoe shopping! And business wear...
I can see already that this may go poorly but at least it will be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Bloggy Brianne. I like you and miss you. Let's hang out soon.

    Much Love,
    Rach

    ReplyDelete