Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Moving on up. I hope.


There are things in life that we just can’t control.
I can accept that. I deal with it rather well in fact.
My personal mantra just happens to be, “It will all be okay.”
From my point of view: One way or another the end results will be survivable. Even death.

But the little things in life that we can control are numerous. We make small decisions and big decisions every day. I’ve decided that I need to find a new job that will work better with my family life. That is my decision. SO the frustrations that come with job hunting are my fault. And at any point I could change my mind and decide to keep my current job. Nothing is forcing me to change. I am choosing my change. That is the way that I’m comfortable living my life. I move forward at my pace and I hope that I make the best decisions possible. But sometimes when I’m standing at the edge of the unknown (or just prior to a job interview tomorrow) staring into the abyss of change, sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself.
Then I remember that coasting along isn’t fun. It’s not easy. I don’t grow that way. I don’t progress in life. I stagnate. I’ve gone about as far as my current job will take me. I need something more. So I’ll take a step into the darkness and see which direction the path leads. If I proceed with caution, hopefully it won’t be over a cliff. 

1 comment: