Friday, October 14, 2011

The wait is over.


I didn’t get it.

It’s such a long wait just to hear bad news… And I know I’m not the only one. Though to be honest being rejected from a job application isn’t nearly as bad as being rejected after an audition. There’s something cold and calculated about job hunting.

For example: In the last month I’ve gotten 3 interviews (none of which worked out) and applied for over 70 jobs. 20 of those went to other people. I had 30 applications left as of this morning. After I heard the bad/sad news I went and applied to 20 more jobs. It really is personal. So the only thing I can do to balance out the bad is create more opportunity for good to happen. It’s hard work job hunting. But I know the right/BESTEST job is out there just waiting for me.

It’s all just a statistics game. The more resume’s I send out, the more likely it is I’ll get an interview. The more I mention the fact I’m job hunting to people around me, the more I’ll be referred to likely offices. It’s a patience game. Last time it took me 6 months. I’m hoping for a little shorter time frame this time around, but I’ll take what I can get. 

And to be fair I'm only looking at the U. So it does narrow my options a bit. I'm trying to stay realistic and optimistic at the same time. It can be quite the balancing act some days.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry. Best of luck that something will come around soon.

    ReplyDelete