Monday, October 25, 2010

Friends and Fingers

Yesterday I had a few friends over for dinner. However, due to the fact that our kitchen is terminally, eternally messy... I decided that we were serving finger foods. I couldn't in good conscience have P wash all the dishes and then promptly turn the kitchen back into a disaster area. Thus the finger foods. No utensils. Paper plates, and plastic cups. So easy. Right!
And the delectable mess free menu... ? That would be mini egg rolls, Spinach and Feta ebelskivers, chips and salsa, rice balls (surprisingly easy!) and open face cucumber sandwiches!
I'm never sure if people will actually bring food, so I over plan and over feed. Em thinks it's a good trait. :)
I was relieved yesterday, that people actually brought snacks to share too! All in all I think it was a successful little get together.
I do love feeding people. I like making comfort food. Mashed potatoes are a huge one. Meatloaf. Chicken and Dumplings. Fried Chicken. Sauteed zucchini and yellow squash on rice. RICE!!! Soups. Warm foods. I'm so happy we're getting to the season of sharing food. It may be THE BEST time of the year. So much sharing! LOVE! Food is Love.
What foods comfort you? What do you love?

1 comment:

  1. Mac. N. Cheese.
    One week for our Thursday night bones-fest, I need to make my mom's recipe for yous and petes.

    ReplyDelete