Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Midweek

It's a tragedy that American's are obsessed with "making it". "It" usually being money and power through money or status. I think of other corners of the world where life is more important than our jobs. Life is more than our work.  I think of how much time I spend here at this desk and I wonder how much happier I would be if I chose to be a little poorer and used my time to a more fulfilling purpose.
But work can be fulfilling. I work to provide for me and mine. Yet I earn far more than our needs require for now. I'm working so I will be comfortable in the future. I work to not work eventually. Why do we do this to ourselves? Why do we so gladly hop on the treadmill of corporate security and steady paychecks?

I'm glad I actually like my job most days. I'm glad I'm good at what I do. I'm glad someone wants to help me with health insurance (such a ridiculous scam...) and wants to pay me for my time.

But to be honest I would prefer to actually spend my time without paperwork or bureaucracy. I would like to stay home and work on creating wonderful beautiful people and things. Who wouldn't?

Most days I don't think about this sort of thing, but the clear blue sky is making me think of what it would be like ... Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment