Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Thoughts and Fairy Dust

Here is a list of Ten Happy Things for your first day of the eleventh month of the last year of the first decade of the twenty second century. 

Or

Happy 10 on November 1, 2010
  1. It was hard waking up this morning, but I endured and got out of bed to catch the bus before the sun was up. Now it is a beautiful, clear, crisp, SUNNY, autumn day. 
  2. I had to go to work. I have a great job, in a nice office, at a desk, where I get to blog sometimes. I also talk to Em pretty frequently, and I bother P all the time!
  3. I forgot to pack a lunch today, but I remembered to take my folic acid. I got to eat a delicious grilled cheese sandwich with cheesy, creamy, potato soup. (One of my favorite fall meals!) 
  4. Leftover Halloween Candy 
  5. I can listen to my favorite musicals ALL day long.
  6. My hubband loves me and answers the phone when I call almost every time.
  7. I no longer quite fit in my old pants, which makes me feel fat. Which means I can justify shopping for new pants! Or perhaps I can try sew myself some new ones!
  8. P and I didn’t do anything for Halloween.  We barely left the house. Except to go for a short walk.
  9. I got a new sewing machine last Thursday. I played with it all weekend. I fixed up the costumes P and I had last year. Then we didn’t wear them anywhere. What a luxury!
  10. In an hour and a half, after a very safe and quiet workday I’ll get to go home to my hubband.
It’s the beginning of the most thankful season of the year. It’s a time to be happy and rejoice in the bounty we already have. 

What are you grateful for?

I'm grateful for this music montage from (500) Days of Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment