Friday, November 19, 2010

Thursday Traditions

So. Em and I have this tradition going. Every Thursday we get together. My house or hers. Usually mine.
This day is important, because on this day... BONES is on. That's right. We watch TV. It's the only day of the week that I regularly turn on the TV. Also Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice. I really really like Grey's Anatomy, which I actually stopped watching for a few seasons and then started again last season. I also have gotten more invested in Private Practice recently. (I know being invested in a TV show is dumb, but hey. I don't criticize your Thursday nights.) P has started calling Private Practice "that rape show". Which, it kind of is. That's basically all they're about at the moment. Charlotte's rape. It's depressing and a good plot at the same time.
But the show that I absolutely love and I've followed it ever since it started is Bones. I love Emily Deschanel's portrayal of Temperance "Bones" Brennan. She's smart, independent, naive, and kicks butt all at the same time. Occasionally I get a little freaked out over how possible some of the crimes they investigate are. The Howard Epps storyline gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. The supporting cast is stellar. I can go on and on.
But I won't. Now you know. I love that show. I love Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment