Tuesday, November 2, 2010

More than a Touch Grateful

This month I'm going to try to blog about one thing per day that I have in my life that I'm super grateful for.
 I bought a lamp very similar to this one three years ago when I moved away from home for the first time.
14 Inch New Design Touch Lamp
This lamp is very feminine and gold and sweet. All things that are usually a no-go in decorating for me. However, this particular lamp is a touch lamp. As a kid my grandmother had one that I loved. There's such wonder in a lamp not having a switch and at lighting at the slightest touch. I saw it and I had to have it for my bedside table. It's a simple little lamp, and I love it. It reminds me of family and warm, safe places. The  Touch Lamp has calmed me down many times when I was home alone. Hopefully I can keep it safe and unbroken for many more years.

What token items/furniture/thing keeps you safe? What's the security blanket you're grateful for?

1 comment:

  1. I miss the touch lamp I had when I was growing up. I'm pretty sure my brother broke the glass out of the shade + my mom bought me a new fancy lamp to replace it. I really hate getting out of my nice warm bed to turn off lights. Do you remember the "clap on!" commercials? I still secretly want those.

    p.s. i'm happy you're blogging more. i like reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete