Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Meal Plans

P and I have been trying to plan out in advance what we eat, because we spend too much on impulse food decisions. Mostly because of me. I honestly take the blame for Chili's Texas Cheese fries(hold the jalapenos), Carl's Jr Chili cheese fries, Cafe Zupas lobster bisque, and so many other absolutely delicious things that I'm not sure I can make at home. Nonetheless we have been trying the past few weeks to plan ahead and be prepared with foods we want to eat.
Next week is mostly planned out, except for lunches. I have the shopping list all ready, and I know what things I'm missing. Some things I'm looking forward to making are the traditional pot roast (I love crockpots!), Biscuits and sausage gravy, tostadas, risotto(we're going to try for the first time!), and of course Thanksgiving food. Mashed potatoes are quite possibly my favorite food. The roasted garlic mashed potatoes recipe that Pioneer Woman has though... it's to die for. And it could quite conceivably kill you with the number of calories you're consuming. They're delectable. If I could I would just eat those every day. I love garlic. I love potatoes. I love cream cheese. I love cream. You can't go wrong here. But it's not a fast dish to make.
What are the dishes that you like making every week? What are the good old pantry standbys? What's cheap and tasty?

2 comments:

  1. Mmm... all this talk of food makes me HUNGRY!! :) One of our stand-bys is Taco Soup. Easy peasy lemon squeezy, and nice and warm for this time of year. We also make a lot of chicken casseroles (that way we have dinner and lunch the next day!). I'd love for you to post some of your fave recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweadish Meatballs. Cheap and easy. McCormick sweadish meatball packet (by the gravy packents n stuff in the store) 1.19; Ground beef 1 lb approx 3.00, egg noodles 1.00. Takes about 40 min total to make. We usually have it once a week. Also, you can just buy the package of frozed sweadish meatballs. they are about 7.00 but there are a lot of them, and you can have them with just buttered noodles.

    ReplyDelete